I started this with the intent on recording the process. As I started it, I realized I had no idea what I was doing. As I painted, I shifted features and changed things I had liked about it, having to go back and fix it. This led me on a spree of studying portraiture in acrylic and oil techniques, doing other paintings as practice and finally getting a hold of the things I was missing. I came to this final result, stepping away so I wouldn't completely wreck it as I had done a few times already. I am happy with it, and think it was a good first step in getting closer to a realistic style with acrylics.